Context-Aware Service Discovery Using Case-Based Reasoning Methods
This paper presents an architecture for accessing distributed services with embedded systems using message oriented middleware. For the service discovery a recommendation system using case-based reasoning methods is utilized. The main idea is to take the context of each user into consideration in order to suggest appropriate services. We define our context and discuss how its attributes are compared.
The presented prototype was implemented for Ricoh & Sun Developer Challenge. Thus the client software was restricted to Ricoh’s Multi Functional Product as an embedded system. The similarity functions were designed and tested using myCBR, and the service recommender application is based on the jCOLIBRI CBR framework.
KeywordsCase-Based Reasoning context service discovery myCBR jCOLIBRI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ricoh: White paper: Embedded software architecture sdk (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Bridge, D.: Product recommendation systems: A new direction. In: Workshop on CBR in Electronic Commerce at The International Conference on Case-Based Reasoning, ICCBR 2001, 79–86 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Kofod-Petersen, A., Mikalsen, M.: An Architecture Supporting implementation of Context-Aware Services. In: Floréen, P., Lindén, G., Niklander, T., Raatikainen, K. (eds.) Workshop on Context Awareness for Proactive Systems (CAPS 2005), Helsinki, Finland, June 2005, pp. 31–42. HIIT Publications (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.W3C: Xforms 1.0, 3 edn. (2007), http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms (Last accessed: 2009-02-09)
- 7.Saint-Andre, P.: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core. RFC 3920 (Proposed Standard) (October 2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Aamodt, A., Plaza, E.: Case-Based Reasoning: Foundational Issues, Methodological Variations, and System Approaches. AICom - Artificial Intelligence Communications 7(1), 39–59 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Recio-García, J.A., Díaz-Agudo, B., González-Calero, P.A.: Prototyping recommender systems in jcolibri. In: ACM Conference On Recommender Systems RecSys 2008, pp. 243–250 (2008)Google Scholar