Domain Modeling Based on Engineering Standards
In this paper we present a new methodology for Domain modeling based on Engineering Standards. We discuss some benefits of standards as guidelines for a Knowledge Based Domain modeling, potential challenges and approaches to overcome them. The benefits of using Standards as models for Domain ontologies have been shown as valid in related work and, as proof of concept, we present a case study where our methodology was successfully applied.
KeywordsDomain Modeling Knowledge Based Systems ontologies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.BSI Standards, http://www.bsi-global.com/
- 2.Feigenbaum, E., McCorduck, P.: The 5º Generation. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1983)Google Scholar
- 3.Gruber, T.: Toward Principles for the Design of Ontologies Used for Knowledge Sharing. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Posada, J., Toro, C., Wundrak, S., Stork, A.: Ontology Supported Semantic Simplification of Large Data Sets of Industrial Plant CAD Models for Design Review Visualization. In: Khosla, R., Howlett, R.J., Jain, L.C. (eds.) KES 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3683, pp. 184–190. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Leroy, D.: Standards and Publications for Engineering - Standards Organizations, http://www.interfacebus.com/Standards
- 6.Soanes-Stevenson (ed.): Oxford Dictionary of English. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Posada, J.: A Methodology for the Semantic Visualization of Industrial Plant CAD Models for Virtual Reality Walkthroughs. Phd thesis, TU-Darmstadt (2005)Google Scholar