A Complete Conclusion-Based Procedure for Judgment Aggregation
Judgment aggregation is a formal theory reasoning about how a group of agents can aggregate individual judgments on connected propositions into a collective judgment on the same propositions. Three procedures for successfully aggregating judgments sets are: premise-based procedure, conclusion-based procedure and distance-based merging. The conclusion-based procedure has been little investigated because it provides a way to aggregate the conclusions, but not the premises, thus it outputs an incomplete judgment set. The goal of this paper is to present a conclusion-based procedure outputting complete judgment sets.
KeywordsApproval Vote Individual Judgment Judgment Aggregation Collective Judgment Merging Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Brams, S., Kilgour, D., Sanver, M.: A minimax procedure for negotiating multilateral treaties. In: Wiberg, M. (ed.) Reasoned Choices: Essays in Honor of Hannu Nurmi, pp. 265–282. Finnish Political Science Association (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Dietrich, F., Mongin, P.: The premiss-based approach to judgment aggregation. Research memoranda. METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization, Maastricht (2008)Google Scholar
- 12.List, C.: Judgment aggregation - a bibliography on the discursive dilemma, the doctrinal paradox and decisions on multiple propositions (2007), http://personal.lse.ac.uk/LIST/doctrinalparadox.htm
- 13.List, C., Puppe, C.: Judgment aggregation: A survey. In: Anand, P., Puppe, C., Pattanaik, P. (eds.) Oxford Handbook of Rational and Social Choice. Oxford University Press, Oxford (forthcoming)Google Scholar
- 15.Nash, J.R.: A context-sensitive voting protocol paradigm for multimember courts. Stanford Law Review 56, 75–159 (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Nehring, K.: The (im)possibility of a Paretian rational. Economics working papers, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science (November 2005)Google Scholar
- 19.Pigozzi, G., Slavkovik, M., van der Torre, L.: A complete conclusion-based procedure for judgment aggregation. University of Luxembourg (July 2009) ISBN number: 978-2-87971-028-0Google Scholar
- 20.Pigozzi, G., Slavkovik, M., van der Torre, L.: Conclusion-based procedure for judgment aggregation satisfying premise independence. In: van der Hoek, W., Bonanno, G., Lowe, B. (eds.) Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Logic and the Foundations of Game and Decision Theory, LOFT 2008, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, p. 35 (2008)Google Scholar