DooSo6: Easy Collaboration over Shared Projects
Existing tools for supporting parallel work feature some disadvantages that prevent them to be widely used. Very often they require a complex installation and creation of accounts for all group members. Users need to learn and deal with complex commands for efficiently using these collaborative tools. Some tools require users to abandon their favourite editors and impose them to use a certain co-authorship application. In this paper, we propose the DooSo6 collaboration tool that offers support for parallel work, requires no installation, no creation of accounts and that is easy to use, users being able to continue working with their favourite editors. User authentication is achieved by means of a capability-based mechanism.
Keywordscollaborative systems version control capability-based security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berliner, B.: CVS II: Parallelizing Software Development. In: Proceedings of the USENIX Winter Technical Conference, Washington, D.C., USA, January 1990, pp. 341–352 (1990)Google Scholar
- 2.Collins-Sussman, B., Fitzpatrick, B.W., Pilato, C.M.: Version control with Subversion. O’Reilly & Associates, Inc., Sebastopol (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Darcs. Distributed. Interactive. Smart, http://darcs.net/
- 4.Doodle. Easy scheduling, http://www.doodle.com/
- 6.Git. Fast version control system, http://git.or.cz/
- 7.GoogleDocs. Create and share your work online, http://docs.google.com
- 9.Levy, H.M.: Capability-Based Computer Systems. Butterworth-Heinemann (1984)Google Scholar
- 10.Mercurial. A fast and lightweight Source Control Management system, http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/
- 13.Oster, G., Skaf-Molli, H., Molli, P., Naja-Jazzar, H.: Supporting Collaborative Writing of XML Documents. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS 2007), Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, June 2007, pp. 335–342 (2007)Google Scholar
- 14.SubEthaEdit. Collaborative text editing. Share and Enjoy, http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/
- 15.Vidot, N., Cart, M., Ferrié, J., Suleiman, M.: Copies Convergence in a Distributed Real-Time Collaborative Environment. In: Proceedings of ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW 2000), pp. 171–180 (2000)Google Scholar
- 16.ZohoWriter. Easy Online Word Processor, http://writer.zoho.com/