A Cooperative Personal Agenda in a Collaborative Team Environment
This paper reports on the implementation of a cooperative personal agenda integrated into a collaborative team environment. Concerning developers, traditional project management tools are mainly focused on tasks exclusively related to the project, failing to provide users with the capability of managing tasks not necessarily associated with the work at hand. Scheduling tasks from divergent domains towards a more efficient user planning becomes unfeasible. To overcome this inaptness, we have extended the Redmine platform with an agenda-like behaviour bearing in mind each user’s individual constraints.
Keywordscollaborative design cooperative engineering scheduling project management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cook, C.: Towards Computer-Supported Collaborative Software. PhD Thesis. Christchurch, New Zealand: University of Canterbury (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Greenberg, S.: Computer-supported Co-operative Work and Groupware. Academic Pr., London (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Kaplan, S.M., Tolone, W.J., Carroll, A.M., Bogia, D.P., Bignoli, C.: Supporting Collaborative Software Development with ConversationBuilder. In: Proc. 5th ACM SIGSOFT symposium on Software development environments, pp. 11–20 (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Redmine, http://www.redmine.org/ (last accessed on June 25, 2009)
- 7.Skype, http://www.skype.com/ (last accessed on June 25, 2009)
- 8.Tasktop, http://tasktop.com/about/ (last accessed on June 25, 2009)
- 9.Whitehead, J.: Collaboration in Software Engineering: A Roadmap. In: IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 214–225 (2007)Google Scholar