Ubi-Check: A Pervasive Integrity Checking System
Integrity checking is an important concern in many activities, such as logistic, telecommunication or even day to day tasks such as checking for someone missing in a group. While the computing and telecommunication worlds commonly use digital integrity checking, many activities from the real world do not beneficiate from automatic mechanisms for ensuring integrity. RFID technology offer promising perspectives for this problem, but also raises strong privacy concerns as they are usually based on global identification and tracking. In this paper we present an alternative approach, Ubi-Check, based on the concept of coupled physical objects which enable integrity checking relying only on local interactions, without the support of a global information system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Feldhofer, M., Rechberger, C.: A case against currently used hash functions in RFID protocols, pp. 372–381 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Floerkemeier, C., Lampe, M., Schoch, T.: The smart box concept for ubiquitous computing environments. In: Proceedings of sOc 2003 (Smart Objects Conference), Grenoble, May 2003, pp. 118–121 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Kraemer, R.: The bluetooth briefcase: Intelligent luggage for increased security (2004), http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/content/unrestricted/teachings/2004/
- 6.Mackay, W., Beaudouin-Lafon, M.: Familynet: A tangible interface for managing intimate social networks. In: Proceedings of SOUPS 2005, Symposium On Usable Privacy and Security. ACM, New York (July 2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Peris-Lopez, P., Castro, J.C.H., Estévez-Tapiador, J.M., Ribagorda, A.: Rfid systems: A survey on security threats and proposed solutions. PWC, 159–170 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Salminen, T., Hosio, S., Riekki, J.: Enhancing bluetooth connectivity with rfid. In: PERCOM 2006: Proceedings of the Fourth Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, Washington, DC, USA, pp. 36–41. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2006)Google Scholar