L2-SVM Training with Distributed Data
We propose an algorithm for the problem of training a SVM model when the set of training examples is horizontally distributed across several data sources. The algorithm requires only one pass through each remote source of training examples, and its accuracy and efficiency follow a clear pattern as function of a user-defined parameter. We outline an agent-based implementation of the algorithm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Caragea, D.: Learning Classifiers from Distributed, Semantically Heterogeneous, Autonomous Data Sources. PhD thesis, Iowa State University (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Hazan, T., Man, A., Shashua, A.: A parallel decomposition solver for svm: Distributed dual ascend using fenchel duality, pp. 1–8 (June 2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Schölkopf, B., Smola, A.J.: Learning with Kernels: Support Vector Machines, Regularization, Optimization, and Beyond. MIT Press, Cambridge (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Syed, N.A., Liu, H., Sung, K.K.: Incremental learning with support vector machines. In: Proc. of the 16th IJCAI (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Asuncion, A., Newman, D.: UCI machine learning repository (2007), http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mlearn/MLRepository.html