Robust Acoustic Source Localization with TDOA Based RANSAC Algorithm
Acoustic source localization has been an hot research topic with widespread applications in many fields. In the noisy environment or when the reverberation is considerable, the source localization problem becomes challenging and many existing algorithms deteriorate. The paper proposes a robust algorithm which combines the RANdom SAmple Consensus (RANSAC) algorithm, and the Generalized Cross-Correlation (GCC) based Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA). Experiments in real world data show that the proposed algorithm has significantly better performance than the traditional algorithm.
KeywordsAcoustic source localization Random Sample Consensus Generalized Cross-Correlation Time Difference of Arrival
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Benesty, J., Chen, J., Huang, Y.: Microphone Array Signal Processing. Springer, Berlin (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, J., Benesty, J., Huang, Y.: Time delay estimation in room acoustic environments: an overview. EURASIP Journal Applied Signal Processing, 1–19 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Brandstein, M.S.: A framework for speech source localization using sensor arrays. Brown University, USA (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Rabinkin, D., Renomeron, R.J., Dahl, A., et al.: A DSP implementation of source loeation using microphone arrays. In: Proceedings of the SPIE, pp. 88–99 (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Lathoud, G., et al.: An Audio-Visual Corpus for Speaker Localization and Tracking. In: Proceedings of the MLMI 2004 Workshop (2004)Google Scholar