An Improved Harmony Search Algorithm for the Location of Critical Slip Surfaces in Slope Stability Analysis
The harmony search algorithm was found to be sensitive to the parameters used in the algorithm. Although there is no theoretical method for the determination of values of the used parameters, a dynamic procedure for the values of parameters and a new substituting procedure are proposed in this study which will be demonstrated to be efficient for the location of critical slip surfaces of soil slopes in the slope stability analysis.
KeywordsArtificial intelligence Engineering optimization Harmony search algorithm Slope stability analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Baker, R., Garber, M.: Theoretical Analysis of the Stability of Slopes. Geotechnique 28, 341–395 (1978)Google Scholar
- 4.Arai, K., Tagyo, K.: Determination of noncircular slip surfaces giving the minimum factor of safety in slope stability analysis 21, 43–51 (1985)Google Scholar
- 5.Baker, R.: Determination of the critical slip surface in slope stability computations. International Journal of Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 333–359 (1980)Google Scholar
- 6.Yamagami, T., Jiang, J.C.: A Search for the Critical Slip Surface in Three-Dimensional Slope Stability Analysis. Soils and Foundations 37, 1–6 (1997)Google Scholar
- 12.Li, L., Chi, S.C., Lin, G.: The complex method based on ant colony algorithm and its application on the slope stability analysis. Chinese Journal of Geotechnical Engineering 26, 691–696 (2004)Google Scholar