An Ensemble of Neural Networks for Stock Trading Decision Making
Stock turning signals detection are very interesting subject arising in numerous financial and economic planning problems. In this paper, Ensemble Neural Network system with Intelligent Piecewise Linear Representation for stock turning points detection is presented. The Intelligent piecewise linear representation method is able to generate numerous stocks turning signals from the historic data base, then Ensemble Neural Network system will be applied to train the pattern and retrieve similar stock price patterns from historic data for training. These turning signals represent short-term and long-term trading signals for selling or buying stocks from the market which are applied to forecast the future turning points from the set of test data. Experimental results demonstrate that the hybrid system can make a significant and constant amount of profit when compared with other approaches using stock data available in the market.
KeywordsStock turning signals Ensemble neural network PLR method Financial time series data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Aiken, M., Bsat, M.: Forecasting Market Trends with Neural Networks. Information Systems Management 16(4), 42–48 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Baba, N., Inoue, N., Asakawa, H.: Utilization of Neural Networks & s for Constructing Reliable Decision Support Systems to Deal Stocks. In: IEEE-INNS-ENNS International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2000), vol. 5, pp. 5111–5116 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Chang, P.C., Fan, C.Y., Liu, C.H.: Integrating a Piecewise Linear Representation Method and a Neural Network Model for Stock Trading Points Prediction. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part C: Applications and Reviews (December 2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Schapire, R.E.: The strength of weak learnability. Machine Learning 1990.5, 197–227 (19905)Google Scholar
- 15.Henley, W.E., Hand, D.J.: A k-nearest neighbor classi&er for assessing consumer credit risk. Statistician 996.44, 77–95 (1990)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhou, M., Wei, H.: Face Verification Using GaborWavelets and AdaBoost. In: The Eighteenth International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Hong Kong, pp. 404–407 (2006)Google Scholar
- 20.Mallick, D., Lee, V.C.S., Ong, Y.S.: An empirical study of genetic programming generated trading rules in computerized stock trading service system. In: 5th International Conference Service Systems and Service Management - Exploring Service Dynamics with Science and Innovative Technology, ICSSSM 2008 (2008)Google Scholar