Correctness, Completeness and Termination of Pattern-Based Model-to-Model Transformation
Model-to-model (M2M) transformation consists in trans- forming models from a source to a target language. Many transformation languages exist, but few of them combine a declarative and relational style with a formal underpinning able to show properties of the transformation. Pattern-based transformation is an algebraic, bidirectional, and relational approach to M2M transformation. Specifications are made of patterns stating the allowed or forbidden relations between source and target models, and then compiled into low level operational mechanisms to perform source-to-target or target-to-source transformations. In this paper, we study the compilation into operational triple graph grammar rules and show: (i) correctness of the compilation of a specification without negative patterns; (ii) termination of the rules, and (iii) completeness, in the sense that every model considered relevant can be built by the rules.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Braun, P., Marschall, F.: Transforming object oriented models with BOTL. ENTCS 72(3) (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Ehrig, H., Ermel, C., Hermann, F.: On the relationship of model transformations based on triple and plain graph grammars. In: Proc. GRAMOT 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Ehrig, H., Hermann, F., Sartorius, C.: Completeness and correctness of model transformations based on triple graph grammars with negative application conditions. In: GT-VMT 2009. Electronic Communications of the EASST (to appear, 2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Heckel, R., Wagner, A.: Ensuring consistency of conditional graph rewriting - a constructive approach. ENTCS 2 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Königs, A.: Model transformation with triple graph grammars. In: Proc. MTiP 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Königs, A., Schürr, A.: Tool integration with triple graph grammars - a survey. ENTCS 148(1), 113–150 (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.MOLA. MOdel transformation LAnguage, http://mola.mii.lu.lv/
- 15.MTF. Model Transformation Framework , http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/mtf
- 16.Orejas, F., Guerra, E., de Lara, J., Ehrig, H.: Correctness, completeness and termination of pattern-based model-to-model transformation (long version). Technical Report 2009/09, TU Berlin, Fak. IV (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.QVT (2005), http://www.omg.org/docs/ptc/05-11-01.pdf