Ubiquitous Intelligence in Agent Mining
Agent mining, namely the interaction and integration of multi-agent and data mining, has emerged as a very promising research area. While many mutual issues exist in both multi-agent and data mining areas, most of them can be described in terms of or related to ubiquitous intelligence. It is certainly very important to define, specify, represent, analyze and utilize ubiquitous intelligence in agents, data mining, and agent mining. This paper presents a novel but preliminary investigation of ubiquitous intelligence in these areas. We specify five types of ubiquitous intelligence: data intelligence, human intelligence, domain intelligence, network and web intelligence, organizational intelligence, and social intelligence. We define and illustrate them, and discuss techniques for involving them into agents, data mining, and agent mining for complex problem-solving. Further investigation on involving and synthesizing ubiquitous intelligence into agents, data mining, and agent mining will lead to a disciplinary upgrade from methodological, technical and practical perspectives.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cao, L., Gorodetsky, V., Mitkas, P.: Agent Mining: The Synergy of Agents and Data Mining. IEEE Intelligent Systems (May/June 2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Cao, L., Gorodetsky, V., Mitkas, P.: Guest Editors’ Introduction: Agents and Data Mining (May/June 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Cao, L. (ed.): Data Mining and Multiagent Integration. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Cao, L., Dai, R., Zhou, M.: Metasynthesis: M-Space, M-Interaction and M-Computing for Open Complex Giant Systems. IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics–Part A (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Cao, L., Zhang, H., Zhao, Y., Zhang, C.: General Frameworks for Combined Mining: Case Studies in e-Government Services. Submitted to ACM TKDD (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Cao, L., Dai, R.: Open Complex Intelligent Systems. Post & Telecom Press (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Cao, L.: Metasynthetic Computing for Solving Open Complex Problems. In: IEEE International Workshop on Engineering Open Complex Systems: Metasynthesis of Computing Paradigms, joint with COMPSAC 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Cao, L.: Integrating agents, services, organizational and social computing. Int. J. on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Dai, R.: Qualitative-to-Quantitative Metasynthetic Engineering. Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence 6(2), 60–65 (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.Gorodetsky, V., et al. (eds.): AIS-ADM 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3505. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Gorodetsky, V., et al. (eds.): AIS-ADM 2007. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 4476. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Qian, X., Yu, J., Dai, R.: A New Scientific Field–Open Complex Giant Systems and the Methodology. Chinese Journal of Nature 13(1), 3–10 (1990)Google Scholar
- 18.Qian, X.: Revisiting Issues on Open Complex Giant Systems. Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence 4(1), 5–8 (1991)Google Scholar