Graded Security Expert System
A method for modeling graded security is presented and its application in the form of a hybrid expert system is described. The expert system enables a user to select security measures in a rational way based on the Pareto optimality computation using the dynamic programming for finding points of Pareto optimality curve. The expert system provides a rapid and fair security solution for a class of known information systems at a high comfort level.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kang, Y., Jeong, C. H., Kim, D. I.: Regulatory approach on digital security of instrumentation, control and information systems in nuclear power plants. Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety. Daejeon, Korea, http://entrac.iaea.org/I-and-C/TM_IDAHO_2006/CD/IAEA%20Day%202/Kang%20paper.pdf (August 31, 2008)
- 2.German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI): IT Baseline Protection Manual (2005), http://www.bsi.de/gshb/ (August 31, 2008)
- 3.Estonian Information Systems Three-Level Security Baseline System – ISKE ver. 1.0Google Scholar
- 4.U. S. Department of Energy, Office of Security Affairs: Classified Information Systems Security Manual (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.U. S. Department of Defense: National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.U. S. Department of Defense, Defense Information Systems Agency. CyberProtect, version 1.1 (July 1999), http://iase.disa.mil/eta/product_description.pdf (August 31, 2008)