Towards High Integrity UDDI Systems
The basic idea of a ubiquitous service market where services can be published by their providers and discovered by potential users is – besides increased interoperability – one of the driving forces behind the SOA vision. However, the failure of the famous UDDI Business Registry demonstrated that service-orientation per se does not solve the problems related to the operation of such service registries – a problem well-known from the component-based development community. On the contrary, since services are highly volatile it is even more difficult to effectively manage a repository. In this paper we discuss the challenges associated with the operation of service brokering solutions with a clear focus on automation and integrity of the overall system as well as the offered search capabilities. To address the identified challenges we propose an extended UDDI architecture.
KeywordsUDDI Service Discovery Web Services Quality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Web Services Architecture (W3C), http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-ws-arch-20021114/
- 5.UDDI Version 3.0.2 (OASIS), http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/spec//v3/uddi-v3.0.2-0041019.htm
- 6.Apache jUDDI, http://ws.apache.org/juddi
- 7.Merobase Component Search Engine, http://www.merobase.com
- 8.Hagemann, S., Letz, C., Vossen, G.: Web Service Discovery - Reality Check 2.0. In: 3rd International Conference on Next Generation Web Services Practices, pp. 113–118. IEEE Computer Society, Washington (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Using WSDL in a UDDI Registry (OASIS), http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/doc/tn/uddi-spec-tc-tn-wsdl-v2.htm
- 12.soapUI – The Web Service Testing Tool, http://www.soapui.org
- 13.seekda! – Web Services Search Engine, http://www.seekda.com
- 14.Zhou, C., Chia, L.T., Silverajan, B., Lee, B.S.: UX- An Architecture Providing QoS-Aware and Federated Support for UDDI. In: 3rd IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 171–176. CSREA Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Lucene, http://lucene.apache.org
- 16.Universal Description, Discovery and Integration – Extension (UDDIe), http://www.wesc.ac.uk/projects/uddie/uddie/index.htm
- 17.Quality Model for Web Services v2.0 (OASIS), http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15910/WSQM-ver-2.0.doc