e-Business in the Construction Sector: A Service Oriented Approach
The e-NVISION project (www.e-nvision.org) aims to develop and validate an innovative e-Business platform for the SMEs allowing them: to model and adapt in their organizations particular business scenarios requested by their customers and suppliers; to integrate all their enterprise applications following a service-oriented architecture; and to incorporate legal, economical and social services offered by external organizations. This paper provides an overview of the results of the project regarding the definition, implementation and validation of external and integration services within the e-Business platform. The overview includes details on the construction sector e-Business scenarios, the service-oriented techniques used, open issues surrounding actual implementations and applications, and the lessons learned in the field.
KeywordsSemantic Web Services SOA e-Business Business Processes Construction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bilbao, S., Sánchez, V., Peña, N., López, J.A., Angulo, I.: The Future e-Business Scenarios of European Construction SMEs. In: Cunningham, P., Cunningham, M. (eds.) e-Challenges 2007, Expanding the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies, pp. 1104–1111. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Angulo, I., García, E., Peña, N., Sánchez, V.: E-nvisioning the participation of European construction SMEs in a future e-Business scenario. In: ECPPM 2006, e-Business and e-work in Architecture, Engineering and Construction, Valencia-Spain (September 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.e-NVISION project, IST-028067, D2.1, e-Business Scenarios for the Future (January 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.European Construction Technology Platform (ECTP), Strategic Research Agenda for the European Construction Sector - Implementation Action Plan, July 20 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.E-Business W@tch. The European e-Business Market Watch, Sector Reports No. 08-I and 08-II, ICT and Electronic Business in the Construction Industry, European Commission, Enterprise & Industry Directorate General, July and September (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.e-NVISION project, IST-028067, D2.2, SME Requirements and Needs for the future Electronic Business (January 2007)Google Scholar
- 7.e-NVISION project, IST-028067, D4.2, Semantic Context Component Architecture (February 2008)Google Scholar
- 8.e-NVISION project, IST-028067, D5.2, Internal Integration Design (February 2008)Google Scholar
- 9.e-NVISION project, IST-028067, D7.3a, External User Validation (February 2008)Google Scholar
- 10.e-NVISION project, IST-028067, D5.2a, e-NVISION Semantic Approach (February 2008)Google Scholar
- 11.OWL-S: Semantic Markup for Web Services, http://www.w3.org/Submission/OWL-S/