Dynamic Interaction Protocol Load in Multi-Agent System Collaboration
Multi-agent system(MAS) has more advantages because the agents can collaborate to complete complex tasks. However, the multi-agent interactions are more complex and even uncontrolled and it is difficult to resolve the multi-agent collaborations. This paper focuses on the interaction protocol in MAS. Firstly the interaction ontology library including role ontology, action ontology and message ontology is introduced into the semantic interactions. Then the representation of interaction protocol is presented, which describes an interaction protocol as process description and decision-making rules. Then we propose a three-layer agent architecture that contains knowledge layer, collaboration control layer and communication layer. We embed a protocol interpreter and loader into the collaboration control layer to deal with the interactions between agents. Finally dynamic interaction protocol load in MAS are discussed, which load the interaction protocol from protocol library conveniently and the code will be generated automatically. To the end we give an experiment to verify our resolution.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kwon, O.B.: Multi-agent system approach to context-aware coordinated web services under general market mechanism (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Vazquez-Salceda, J., Dignum, V., Dignum, F.: Organizing Multiagent Systems. Institute of information and computing sciences, Utrecht university, technical report UU-CS-2004-015, http://www.cs.uu.nl
- 4.Guarino, N. (ed.): Formal Ontology in Information Systems. In: Proceedings of FOIS 1998, Trento, Italy, June 6-8, 1998, pp. 3–15. IOS Press, Amsterdam (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Cranefield, S., Purvis, M., Nowostawski, M., Hwang, P.: Ontologies for Interaction Protocols. In: Cranefield, S., Finin, T., Willmott, S. (eds.) Proceedings of the Workshop on Ontologies in Agent Systems, 1st International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, CEUR Publications, KUB Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Jade Programmer’S Guide (2005), http://jade.tilab.com/
- 7.Hu, Y.-J., Chen, S.-T., Yang, M.-H.: Agent Communication Protocols for Authentication Authorization and Delegation on the Semantic Web. In: WWW 2004, New York, NY, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhongzhi, S.: Intelligent Agent and Its Applications. Press of Science (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.VAStudio (2005), http://www.intsci.ac.cn
- 10.Shi, Z., Zhang, H., Cheng, Y., Jiang, Y., Sheng, Q., Zhao, Z.: MAGE: An Agent-Oriented Programming Environment. In: IEEE ICCI 2004, pp. 250–257 (2004)Google Scholar