From Marriages to Coalitions: A Soft CSP Approach
- 232 Downloads
In this work we represent the Optimal Stable Marriage problem as a Soft Constraint Satisfaction Problem. In addition, we extend this problem from couples of individuals to coalitions of generic agents, in order to define new coalition-formation principles and stability conditions. In the coalition case, we suppose the preference value as a trust score, since trust can describe the belief of a node in the capabilities of another node, in its honesty and reliability. Semiring-based soft constraints represent a general and expressive framework that is able to deal with distinct concepts of optimality by only changing the related c-semiring structure, instead of using different ad-hoc algorithms. At last, we propose an implementation of the classical OSM problem using integer linear programming tools.
KeywordsInteger Linear Programming Multiagent System Coalition Formation Trust Relationship Soft Constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bistarelli, S., Martinelli, F., Santini, F.: A semantic foundation for trust management languages with weights: An application to the RT family. In: Rong, C., Jaatun, M.G., Sandnes, F.E., Yang, L.T., Ma, J. (eds.) ATC 2008. LNCS, vol. 5060, pp. 481–495. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Bistarelli, S., O’Sullivan, B.: Combining branch & bound and SBDD to solve soft CSPs. In: Proc. of CP 2004 Fourth International Workshop on Symmetry and Constraint Satisfaction Problems (SymCon 2004) (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Gent, I.P., Irving, R.W., Manlove, D., Prosser, P., Smith, B.M.: A constraint programming approach to the stable marriage problem. In: Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, pp. 225–239. Springer, London (2001)Google Scholar
- 19.Knuth, D.E.: Stable marriage and its relation to other combinatorial problems: An introduction to the mathematical analysis of algorithms. American Mathematical Society, Providence (1997)Google Scholar
- 21.Lerman, K., Shehory, O.: Coalition formation for large-scale electronic markets. In: ICMAS, pp. 167–174. IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2000)Google Scholar