Weighted Block Matching-Based Anchor Shot Detection with Dynamic Background
Anchor shot detection is fundamental to the structure analysis of news program, such as story segmentation and commercial block location. Previous work mainly tackled the problem of picture in frame on half screen, while there are also some news programs which have a global dynamic studio background. In this paper, a new block weighing based anchor shot detection algorithm is proposed. Firstly, the key frame of each shot is extracted and divided into 64 blocks equally. Then a weighted template is built automatically after clustering analysis of different types of shots, which indicates the degrees of variation on the different blocks in the anchor shot background. And lastly, all anchor shots are detected by a weighted template matching scheme. The detection results have shown that our method is effective, especially suitable for the news program which has a global dynamic background.
Keywordsanchor shot detection dynamic background clustering weighted block template matching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, H., Gong, Y., Smoliar, S., et al.: Automatic parsing of news video. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems, Boston, MA, pp. 45–54 (1994)Google Scholar
- 2.Ma, Y., Bai, X., Xu, G., et al.: Research on Anchorperson Detection Method in News Video. Journal of Software 12(3), 377–382 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, M., Li, B., Deng, Z.: A Method to Detect Anchorperson Shot for Digital TV News. Computer Engineering and Applications (15), 186–188 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Lan, D., Ma, Y., Zhang, H.: Multi-level anchorperson detection using multimodal association. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 890–893 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.De Santo, M., Foggia, P., Percannella, G., et al.: An Unsupervised Algorithm for Anchor Shot Detection. In: The 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 1238–1241 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.D’Anna, L., Percannella, G., Sansone, C.: A Multi-Stage Approach for News Video Segmentation based on Automatic Anchorperson number detection. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies, pp. 229–234 (2007)Google Scholar