Front Environment Recognition of Personal Vehicle Using the Image Sensor and Acceleration Sensors for Everyday Computing
In this research, we propose the method for detecting moving objects in front of the Segway by detecting running state for the Segway. Running state of the personal vehicle Segway is detected with both an image sensor and an acceleration sensor mounted on the Segway. When objects are moving in front of the Segway, the image sensor can capture the motion while the acceleration sensor shows a different result. By analyzing the difference our method successfully recognizes moving objects from environment.
KeywordsSegway Image Sensor Acceleration Sensor Optical Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Segway, http://www.segway.com
- 3.Bouguet, J.Y.: Pyramidal Implementation of the Lucas Kanade Feature Tracker, Intel. Corporation, Microprocessor Research Labs (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Onoguchi, K.: Shadow Elimination Method for Moving Object Detection. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 1998), pp. 583–587 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Okada, R., et al.: Obstacle Detection using Progressive Invariant and Vanishing Lines. In: ICCV, pp. 330–337 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Point Grey Research, http://www.ptgrey.com/products/grasshopper/index.asp
- 7.ATR-Promotions, http://www.atr-p.com/sensor01.html