Study of Human Anxiety on the Internet
In this paper a conceptualization of human anxiety on the Internet is introduced; it is built on the understanding of human behavior with regard to technology. The objective of this paper is to conceptualize the human anxiety. An integral part of understanding is an inter-disciplinary (psychology science, cognitive science, behavioral science and communication technology) literature review, of which and overall summary is presented. The understanding is conceptualized by designing, implementing and evaluating through a developed user study model. In this paper the preliminary result of utilizing the developed user study found seven particular anxiety areas which need further studies.
KeywordsHuman study anxiety internet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ISOC.org (2008), http://www.isoc.org/internet/history/brief.shtml
- 2.ISC.org. Millions of host on the internet (2008), https://www.isc.org/
- 3.Central Intelligence Agency. The DigiWorld in the global economy. In: DigiWorld 2008 (2008), https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/xx.html; https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2184.html
- 4.Golden, S.M.J.: Protecting children in the internet age (2008), http://www.senate.state.ny.us/sws/Protecting%20Children%20in%20the%20Internet%20Age.pdf
- 9.Jackson, L.A.: Social psychology and the digital divide. In: The 1999 Conference of the Society for Experimental Social (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Sax, L.J., Ceja, M., Teranishi, R.T.: Technological preparedness among entering freshmen: the role of race, class and gender. Journal of Educational Computing Research 24, 363–383Google Scholar