Color Image Retrieval Based on Interactive Genetic Algorithm
In order to efficiently and effectively retrieval the desired images from a large image database, the development of a user-friendly image retrieval system has been an important research for several decades. In this paper, we propose a content-based image retrieval method based on an interactive genetic algorithm (IGA). The mean value and the standard deviation of a color image are used as color features. In addition, we also considered the entropy based on the gray level co-occurrence matrix as the texture feature. Further, to bridge the gap between the retrieving results and the users’ expectation, the IGA is employed such that the users can adjust the weight for each image according to their expectations. Experimental results are provided to illustrate the feasibility of the proposed approach.
KeywordsContent-based image retrieval interactive genetic algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Holland, J.: Adaptation in Natural and Artificial System. The University of Michigan Press, MI (1975)Google Scholar
- 5.Haralick, R.M., Shapiro, L.G.: Computer and Robot Vision, vol. I. Addison Wesley, Reading (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Luo, X., Shishibori, M., Ren, F., Kita, K.: Incorporate Feature Space Transformation to Content-Based Image Retrieval with Relevance Feedback. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 3, 1237–1250 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Sudhamani, M.V., Venugopal, C.R.: Multidimensional Indexing Structures for Content-Based Image Retrieval: A Survey. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 4, 867–881 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Takagi, H.: Interactive Evolutionary Computation: Cooperation of Computational Intelligence and Human Kansei. In: 5th International Conference on Soft Computing, pp. 41–50. World Scientific Press, Fukuoka (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Veitkamp, R.C., Tanase, M.: Content-Based Image Retrieval Systems: A Survey. Technical report, UU-CS-2000-34, University of Utrecht (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Zheng, W.-M., Lu, Z.-M., Burkhardt, H.: Color Image Retrieval Schemes Using Index Histograms Based on Various Spatial-Domain Vector Quantizers. International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control 2, 1317–1326 (2006)Google Scholar