A Centralized Approach to an Ambient Assisted Living Application: An Intelligent Home
- 2.1k Downloads
Ambient Assisted Living (AAL) includes assistance to carry out daily activities, health and activity monitoring, enhancing safety and security, getting access to, medical and emergency systems. But home environments are challengeable as they’re different to represent. There are no only elderly people in a home In this paper we present the design of the contextual information for an intelligent home using a platform that exploits the modular and distributed architecture to develop context-aware applications.
KeywordsAmbient intelligence ambient assisted living context-aware services
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aarts, E., Harwig, E., Schuurmans, M.: Ambient Intelligence. In: Denning, J. (ed.) The Invisible Future, pp. 235–250. McGraw-Hill, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Helal, A., Mann, W., Elzabadani, H., King, J., Kaddourah, Y., Jansen, E.: Gator Tech Smart House: A Programmable Pervasive Space. IEEE Computer Magazine, 64–74 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Floeck, M., Litz, L.: Integration of Home Automation Technology into an Assisted Living Concept. Assisted Living Systems - Models, Architectures and Engineering Approaches (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Fraile, J.A., Bajo, J., Corchado, J.M.: AMADE: Developing a Multi-Agent Architecture for Home Care Environments. In: 7th Ibero-American Workshop in Multi-Agent Systems, Lisboa (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Sánchez-Pi, N., Fuentes, V., Carbó, J., Molina, J.: Knowledge-based systems to define context n commercial applications. In: 8th Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking, and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD), Qingdao (2007)Google Scholar