Modular Framework for Smart Home Applications
In this paper we present the design of a low cost system which automatically controls the air conditioning equipments of a home. The sensors and controllers distributed use Zigbee, a protocol for wireless personal area networks, to communicate themselves. The aim of our design is to facilitate the development of complex smart homes applications, emphasizing the modularity of the system. This kind of applications is a great advantage for the end user, especially in the case of people with disabilities, who couldn’t interact with home’s electronic equipment.
KeywordsWireless personal area network low consumption domotic ZigBeeTM ambient intelligence air conditioning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jiménez-Fernández, S., Araujo-Pinto, Á., Cobo-Sánchez de Rojas, A., del Pozo- Guerrero, F., Nieto-Taladriz, O., de Toledo-Heras, P., Moya-Fernández, J.: PER- SEIA: a biomedical wireless sensor network to support healthcare delivery for the elderly and chronically ill. In: Proceedings of the 28th IEEE EMBS Annual International Conference, pp. 2064–2066 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Chase, B.: ZigBee Alliance Tutorial. ZigBee AllianceGoogle Scholar
- 4.Kumar, D.V.: Smart wireless network for reliable, low cost, low power solutions. Technical report. Spring Computing Technologies Pvt. Ltd.Google Scholar
- 5.Osipov, M.: Home automation with zigbee. Technical report, Siemens Corporate Technology, St.PetersburgGoogle Scholar
- 6.IEEE: IEEE Standard 802.15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs) (October 2003)Google Scholar