A Data Model for Content Modelling of Temporal Media
This paper describes a data model for content representation of temporal media in an IP based sensor network. The model is formed by introducing the idea of semantic-role from linguistics into the underlying concepts of formal event representation with the aim of developing a common event model. The architecture of a prototype system for a multi camera surveillance system, based on the proposed model is described. The important aspects of the proposed model are its expressiveness, its ability to model content of temporal media, and its suitability for use with a natural language interface. It also provides a platform for temporal information fusion, as well as organizing sensor annotations by help of ontologies.
KeywordsData Model Content Modelling Ontology Common Event Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sheth, A., Henson, C., Sahoo, S.S.: Semantic Sensor Web. In: IEEE Internet Computing (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Westermann, U., Jain, R.: Toward a Common Event Model for Multimedia Applications. In: IEEE MultiMedia (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Jackendoff, R.S.: Semantic Structures. MIT Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- 4.Francois, A.R., Nevatia, R., Hobbs, J., Bolles, R.C.: VERL: An Ontology Framework for Representing and Annotating Video Events. In: IEEE MultiMedia (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Bolles, B., Nevatia, R.: ARDA Event Taxonomy Challenge Project, Final Report (2004)Google Scholar