The Access/CPN Framework: A Tool for Interacting with the CPN Tools Simulator
Coloured Petri nets (CP-nets or CPNs) is a widely used formalism for describing concurrent systems. CPN Tools provides a mature environment for constructing, simulating, and performing analysis of CPN models. CPN Tools also has limitations if, for example, one wishes to extend the analysis capabilities or to integrate CPN models into external applications. In this paper we present Access/CPN, a framework that facilitates such extensions. Access/CPN consists of two interfaces: one written in Standard ML, which is very close to the simulator component of CPN Tools, and one written in Java, providing an object-oriented representation of CPN models, a means to load models created using CPN Tools, and an interface to the simulator. We illustrate Access/CPN by providing the complete implementation of a simple command-line state space exploration tool.
KeywordsObject Model Eclipse Modeling Framework Substitution Transition Automatic Code Generation Java Interface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Access/CPN download, http://www.daimi.au.dk/~ascoveco/accesscpn/
- 2.CPN Tools webpage, www.daimi.au.dk/CPNTools/
- 3.Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF), www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/
- 4.Espersen, K.L., Kjeldsen, M.K.: Automatic Code Generation from Process-Partitioned Coloured Petri Net Models. Master’s thesis, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Aarhus (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Modeling and Simulation High Level Architecture. IEEE-1516Google Scholar
- 6.ISO/JTC1/SC7/WG19. Software and System Engineering—High-level Petri nets—Part 2: Transfer Format, version 1.1.5Google Scholar
- 7.Kindler, E., Weber, M.: A universal module Concept for Petri nets. In: Proc. des 8.Workshops Algorithmen und Werkzeuge fr Petrinetze, pp. 7–12 (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Kristensen, L.M., Westergaard, M.: The ASCoVeCo State Space Analysis Platform. In: Proc. of 8th CPN Workshop. DAIMI-PB, vol. 584, pp. 1–6 (2007)Google Scholar