Unification and Narrowing in Maude 2.4
Maude is a high-performance reflective language and system supporting both equational and rewriting logic specification and programming for a wide range of applications, and has a relatively large worldwide user and open-source developer base. This paper introduces novel features of Maude 2.4 including support for unification and narrowing. Unification is supported in Core Maude, the core rewriting engine of Maude, with commands and metalevel functions for order-sorted unification modulo some frequently occurring equational axioms. Narrowing is currently supported in its Full Maude extension. We also give a brief summary of the most important features of Maude 2.4 that were not part of Maude 2.0 and earlier releases. These features include communication with external objects, a new implementation of its module algebra, and new predefined libraries. We also review some new Maude applications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bae, K., Meseguer, J.: A rewriting-based model checker for the linear temporal logic of rewriting. In: Procs. of RULE 2008. ENTCS (to appear) (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Boudet, A., Contejean, E., Devie, H.: A new AC unification algorithm with an algorithm for solving systems of diophantine equations. In: Procs. of LICS 1990, pp. 289–299 (1990)Google Scholar
- 8.Clavel, M., Durán, F., Eker, S., Lincoln, P., Martí-Oliet, N., Meseguer, J., Talcott, C.L.: Maude Manual (v. 2.4), SRI Intl. & U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (October 2008), http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu
- 11.Contejean, E., Marché, C., Urbain, X.: CiME 3 (2004), http://cime.lri.fr/
- 13.Eker, S.: Unification in Maude. Talk at the Protocol eXchange Seminar, Naval Postgraduate School (January 2007), http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/talks/eker-unification.pdf
- 17.Escobar, S., Meseguer, J., Sasse, R.: Variant narrowing and equational unification. In: Procs. of WRLA 2008, pp. 88–102. ENTCS (2008)Google Scholar
- 19.Hullot, J.-M.: Canonical forms and unification. In: Bibel, W. (ed.) CADE 1980. LNCS, vol. 87, pp. 318–334. Springer, Heidelberg (1980)Google Scholar
- 20.Martí-Oliet, N., Meseguer, J., Verdejo, A.: Towards a strategy language for Maude. In: Procs. of WRLA 2004. ENTCS, vol. 117, pp. 417–441 (2005)Google Scholar
- 23.Rivera, J.E., Vallecillo, A.: Adding behavioral semantics to models. In: Procs. of EDOC 2007, pp. 169–180 (2007)Google Scholar
- 24.Şerbănuţă, T.F., Roşu, G., Meseguer, J.: A rewriting logic approach to operational semantics. Information and Computation. (available online December 6, 2008) (in press)Google Scholar