RecMas: A Multiagent System Socioconfiguration Recommendations Tool
This paper presents a multiagent recommendation system (RecMAS) able to coordinate the interactions between a user agent (AgUser) and a set of commercial agents (AgComs) providing a useful service for monitoring changes in the AgUser’s beliefs and decisions based on two parameters: (i) the strength of its own beliefs and (ii) the strength of the AgComs’ suggestions. The system was used to test several commercial activities in a shopping centre where the AgComs (AgComs) provided information to an AgUser operating in a wireless device (PDA, mobile phone, etc.) used by a client. The AgUser received messages adapted for conditions of particular offers of interest to the client. Using a theoretical model and a set of simulation experiments, commercial strategies in relation with the socio-dynamics of the system were obtained. This paper concludes with a presentation of a prototype in a real shopping centre.
KeywordsSocioConfiguration Multiagent systems Agent-based social simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Durfee, E.H.: Designing Organizations for Computational Agents. In: Prietula, M., Carley, K., Gasser, L. (eds.) Simulating Organizations: Computational Models of Institutions and Groups. AAAI Press and MIT Press, Menlo Park, CA (1998)Google Scholar
- 2.Gilbert, N., Doran, J. (eds.): Simulating Societies: The computer simulation of Social processes. University College, Londos (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Epstein, J.M., Axtell, R.: Growing Artificial Societies: Social Science from the Bottom Up. MIT Press/Brookings Institution Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Wooldridge, M., Jennings, N.R., Kinny, D.: The Gaia Methodology for Agent-Oriented Analysis and Design. Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems 15 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Berhard Bauer, J.P.M., Odell, J.: Agent Uml: A Formalism For Specifying Multiagent Interaction. In: Luck, M., Padgham, L. (eds.) Agent-Oriented Software Engineering VIII. LNCS, vol. 4951, pp. 91–103. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.JBAN Library, https://jban.dev.java.net/
- 11.Corchado, J.M., Gonzalez-Bedia, M., De Paz, Y., Bajo, J., De Paz, J.F.: Replanning mechanism for deliberative agents in dynamic changing environments. Computational Intelligence, Pág 24(2), 77–107 (2008)Google Scholar