Intelligent Patient Monitoring: From Hardware to Learnware
Some time ago, in response to Proust’s musings on the role of the writer in language, the French philosopher Gilles Deleuze described literary creation as the result of a series of events that take place on the edge of language . This figure is easily recognisable by anyone who, at some point, has decided to move to that territory in permanent tension which is the edge of knowledge; that fine line which many reach seeing naught but the path by which they have arrived, and which very few are capable of taking further away. Prof. José Mira knew that place well. And those fortunate enough to accompany him had the opportunity to learn through him part of what makes up the essential baggage for undertaking that journey: simple things, such as honesty, creativity and enthusiasm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barro, S.: SUTIL: Sistema cuasi-integral de monitorización inteligente en UCC. PhD thesis, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.Barro, S., Ruiz, R., Presedo, J., Cabello, D., Mira, J.: Arrhythmia monitoring using fuzzy reasoning. In: 12th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (1990)Google Scholar
- 5.Barro, S., Ruiz, R., Presedo, J., Mira, J.: Grammatic representation of beat sequences for fuzzy arrhythmia diagnosis. International Journal of Biomedical Computing, 245–259 (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Cabello, D., Salcedo, J.M., Barro, S., Ruiz, R., Mira, J.: Fuzzy k-nearest neighbor classifier for ventricular arrythmia detection. International Journal of Biomedical Computing, 77–93 (1991)Google Scholar
- 11.Deleuze, G.: Critique and Clinics, Paris (1993)Google Scholar
- 15.Mira, J.: Modelos cibernéticos del aprendizaje. PhD thesis, Universidad de Madrid (1971)Google Scholar
- 17.Ruiz, R.: Sistema multiprocesador para monitorización interactiva en UCC. PhD thesis, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela (1986)Google Scholar