User Modeling of Disabled Persons for Generating Instructions to Medical First Responders
To provide personalized health recommendations concerning disabled persons, an adaptive system needs a detailed user model that can account for the peculiar aspects of the many existing disabilities. This paper describes how we built such a user model and illustrates the Web-based system that allows all interested stakeholders to access and provide user model data.
Keywordspersonalized health services user model disabled patients adaptive instructions first responders
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Stead, W.W., Herbert, S.L. (eds.): Computational Technology for Effective Health Care: Immediate Steps and Strategic Directions. National Academies Press, Washington (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Google Health, http://www.google.com/health
- 7.Microsoft HealthVault, http://www.healthvault.com/Personal/index.html
- 8.World Health Organization, International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, ICF (2001), http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/en/index.html
- 10.Bruyère, S., VanLooy, S., Peterson, D.: The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF): Contemporary literature overview. Rehabilitation Psychology 50(2) (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.World Health Organization. ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health) Checklist, http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/training/icfchecklist.pdf