Networked Knowledge - Networked Media: - Bringing the Pieces Together
The book title Networked Knowledge - Networked Media reflects on the convergence of Social Media and the Semantic Web. When these developments became popular a few years ago it was a simple co-existence between the two, but in the meantime they have increasingly melted making it impossible to think of knowledge technologies without thinking of the Semantic Web.
KeywordsNetwork Knowledge Latent Semantic Indexing Network Medium Semantic Search Link Open Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bangemann, M.: Europe and the Global Information Society. Bangemann Report (1994), http://www.cyber-rights.org/documents/bangemann.htm (last viewed February 20, 2009)
- 2.Benkler, Y.: The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom. Yale University Press, Yale (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Berners-Lee, T.: The next Web of open, linked data. TED Talk (Feburary 2009), http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/tim_berners_lee_on_the_next_web.html (last viewed March 10, 2009)
- 4.Bush, V.: As We May Think (1945), http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/194507/bush (last viewed February 20, 2009)
- 5.Castells, M.: The Rise of the Network Society. Blackwell Publishers, London (1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Engelbart, D.: Augmaneting Human Intellect: A Conceptual Framework (1962), http://www.bootstrap.org/augdocs/friedewald030402/augmentinghumanintellect/ahi62index.html (last viewed February 20, 2009)
- 7.Gore, A.: Remarks on the Information Superhighway Prepared for Delivery by Vice President Al Gore, Royce Hall, UCLA Los Angeles, California (January 11, 1994), http://www.ibiblio.org/icky/speech2.html (last viewed February 20, 2009)
- 8.Haraway, D.: A Cyborg Manifesto: Science, Technology, and Socialist-Feminism in the Late Twentieth Century. In: Simians, Cyborgs and Women: The Reinvention of Nature, pp. 149–181. Routledge, New York (1991)Google Scholar
- 9.Licklider, J.C.R., Taylor, R.W.: The Computer as Communication Device. Science & Technology (April 1968), http://memex.org/licklider.pdf (last viewed February 20, 2009) (repreinted)
- 10.Rheingold, H.: The Virtual Community: Homesteading on the Electronic Frontier. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.Turkle, S.: The Second Self: Computers and the Human Spirit. Simon & Schuster, New York (1984)Google Scholar
- 12.Gosh, R.A.: Collaboration, Ownership and the Digital Economy. MIT Press, Cambridge (2005)Google Scholar