Dynamic Position Auctions with Consumer Search
Building upon the static model of Athey and Ellison , we demonstrate the efficient convergence of dynamic position auctions in the presence of consumer search. The entry of low-quality advertisers does not slow this convergence. Our methods are extensions of those introduced by Cary et al. . The applicability of these methods in the presence of consumer search indicates the robustness of the approach and suggests that convergence of dynamic position auction models is demonstrable whenever the associated static equilibrium strategies are sufficiently well-behaved.
KeywordsPosition auctions dynamic auctions consumer search best-response bidding convergence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Athey, S., Ellison, G.: Position auctions with consumer search. Working paper (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Cary, M., Das, A., Edelman, B., Giotis, I., Heimerl, K., Karlin, A.R., Mathieu, C., Schwarz, M.: On best-response bidding in GSP auctions. NBER Working Paper W13788 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Aggarwal, G., Goel, A., Motwani, R.: Truthful auctions for pricing search keywords. In: Proceedings of the 7th ACM conference on Electronic Commerce, pp. 1–7 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, Y., He, C.: Paid placement: Advertising and search on the internet. NET Institute Working Paper 06-02 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Bu, T.M., Deng, X., Qi, Q.: Dynamics of strategic manipulation in ad-words auction. In: 3rd Workshop on Sponsored Search Auctions (SSA2007), in conjunction with WWW 2007 (2007)Google Scholar