Computing the Transitive Closure of a Union of Affine Integer Tuple Relations
This paper proposes a method to compute the transitive closure of a union of affine relations on integer tuples. Within Presburger arithmetics, complete algorithms to compute the transitive closure exist for convex polyhedra only. In presence of non-convex relations, there exist little but special cases and incomplete heuristics. We introduce a novel sufficient and necessary condition defining a class of relations for which an exact computation is possible. Our method is immediately applicable to a wide area of symbolic computation problems. It is illustrated on representative examples and compared with state-of-the-art approaches.
Keywordstransitive closure affine tuple relations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Beletska, A., Bielecki, W., San Pietro, P.: Extracting coarse-grained parallelism in program loops with the slicing framework. In: ISPDC 2007: Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing, p. 29. IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Bielecki, W., Klimek, T., Trifunovic, K.: Calculating exact transitive closure for a normalized affine integer tuple relation. Journal of Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics 33, 7–14 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Boigelot, B.: Symbolic Methods for Exploring Infinite State Spaces. PhD thesis, Université de Liège (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Darte, A., Robert, Y., Vivien, F.: Scheduling and Automatic Parallelization. Birkhaüser (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Shashidhar, K.C., Bruynooghe, M., Catthoor, F., Janssens, G.: An automatic verification technique for loop and data reuse transformations based on geometric modeling of programs. Journal of Universal Computer Science 9(3), 248–269 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.The Omega project, http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/omega