Layered Cooperation of Macro Agents and Micro Agents in Cooperative Active Contour Model
We have proposed Multi-Snake, which realizes boundary detection in image recognition with the layered cooperation of micro agents and macro agents. Cooperation in a set of micro agents constructs the behavior of a macro agent, and cooperation of the micro agents are integrated to cooperation of the macro agents. This mechanism makes the application more dynamic and flexible. Our previous proposals dealt with cooperation between some macro agents of the same kind. This paper focuses on the cooperation of macro agents of different kinds: sensor-based macro agents and model-based macro agents. We show that our proposal makes estimation improved and more robust. We verify the effectiveness of our proposal through some experiments using artificial images and real images.
KeywordsControl Point Feature Point Real Image Closed Contour Active Contour Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Matsumoto, N., Yoshida, N., Narazaki, S.: Active Contour Model with Decentralized Cooperative Processing. IIEEJ 34(6), 747–752 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Matsumoto, N., Yoshida, N., Narazaki, S.: Cooperative Active Contour Model and Its Application to Remote Sensing. In: Proc. ACM 21st Annual Symp. on Applied Computing, pp. 44–45 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Matsumoto, N., Yoshida, N., Narazaki, S.: Curvature Multi-Snake: Cooperative Snakes with Curvature-Based Simple Modeling. In: Proceedings of International Workshop on Advanced Image Technology 2007, pp. 632–637 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Etoh, M., Shirai, Y., Asada, M.: Active Contour Extraction Based on Region Descriptions Obtained from Clustering. IEICE Transactions(D-II) J75-D-II(7), 1111–1119 (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Wada, T., Nomura, Y., Matsuyama, T.: Cooperative Distributed Image Segmentation. IPSJ Journal 36(4), 879–891 (1995) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 9.Matsuzawa, Y., Abe, T.: Region Extraction Using Competition of Multiple Active Contour Models. IEICE Transactions(D-II) J83-D-II(4), 1100–1109 (2000) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 16.Matsuzawa, Y., Abe, T., Kumazawa, I.: Active Contour Model Using Shape Information Obtaned from Initial Contour. IEICE Transactions(D-II) J85-D-II(9), 1436–1445 (2002)Google Scholar