Multi-agent Based Incineration Process Control System with Qualitative Model
The expert knowledge about incineration process is often imprecise and of qualitative nature. In this paper, we present a framework for incineration process control based on qualitative incineration process model. Our framework is designed on the basis of multi-agent platform to apply to ubiquitous computing environment. Once end-user chooses a task, the framework is designed to provide remote context-aware services through cooperation between agents. The task is to correct undesired state of a chosen incineration plant, i.e., to change a physical parameter to some desired value. The framework finds appropriate services by analyzing causal relations between parameters. Since problem solving uses qualitative and common sense knowledge, interactions with users are natural and easily understandable. The framework has been implemented and test on several tasks.
KeywordsQualitative Model Ubiquitous Computing Context-Aware Services Physical System Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Garlan, D., Siewiorek, D., Smailagic, A., Steenkiste, P.: Project Aura: Toward Distractif-Free Pervasive Computing. IEEE Pervasive Computing, 22–31 (April-June 2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Roman, M., et al.: Gaia: A middleware Infrastructure to Enable Active Spaces. IEEE Pervasive Computing, 74–83 (October-December 2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Kumar, M., et al.: PICO: A middleware Framework for Pervasivc Computing 2(3), 72–79 (July-September 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Ranganathan, A.: A Task Execution Framework for Autonomic Ubiquitous Computing. PhD thesis, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Forbus, K.: Qualitative Process Theory. Artificial Intelligence 51, 381–416 (1984)Google Scholar
- 7.Bobrow, D.: Qualitative Reasoning about Physical systems. The MIT Press, Cambridge (1985)Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, H., Kim, S., Kim, M.: Conceptual Modeling for Incineration Process. In: 4th International Conference on Cumbustion, incineration/Pyrolysis and Emission Control, pp. 117–120 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.JADE, Java Agent Development Framework, http://jade.tilab.com/