Multiagent-Based Defensive Strategy System for Military Simulation
In ubiquitous computing, it needs to manage dynamic and various information from various sources and aware the situation. In the same way, it needs same capabilities including detecting and analyzing data from various sources, and recommending behaviors to a commander in a national defense domain. In this paper, we describe the adaptation of an open-source multi-agent architecture for a military defensive strategy system for battle simulation. We define the challenging problem of military defense. We take a community computing concept to adapt to handle dynamic environment, and the Cougaar framework to build our system which supports distributed multi-agent system.
KeywordsUbiquitous Computing Command Center Smart Object Military Unit Force Manager
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kumar, M., Shirazi, B., Das, S.K., Singhal, M., Sung, B., Levine, D.: Pervasive Information Communities Organization PICO: A Middleware Framework for Pervasive Computing. In: IEEE Pervasive Computing, pp. 72–79 (July-September 2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Youna, J., Jungtae, L., Minkoo, K.: Multi-agent based community computing system development with the model driven architecture. In: AAMAS 2006, pp. 1329–1331 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Cougaar Open Source Web Site, http://www.cougaar.org/
- 5.BBN Technologies: Cougaar : A Scalable, Distributed Multi-Agent Architecture. In: IEEE SMC 2004 (2004) Google Scholar
- 6.Daniel, C., Anthony, R., Jeffrey, B.: A Cougaar-Based Logistics Modeling Tool for Highly Adaptable Military Organizations. In: AAMAS 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Matthias, B., Schahram, D.: A Survey on Context-aware systems. International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Jade Agent Development Framework, http://jade.tilab.com/