An Agent Modeling Method Based on Scenario Rehearsal for Multiagent Simulation
Multiagent Systems are potential computational systems for various practical applications, tools, and so on. Multiagent simulation is one of the remarkable application to evaluate several kinds of phenomena. In order to design an agent for multiagent simulation, it is important to reflect user’s opinion. However, if a user is not computer professional or does not have technical knowledge of agent logics and programming language, it is hard for him/her to implement his/her own opinion. Participatory design is a promising approach to incorporate user’s opinion in the agent design and modification process. In this paper, we propose rehearsal oriented testing for implementation of participatory design. By the rehearsal oriented testing, it becomes possible to carry out anytime modification of agent’s scenario, which describe its behavior during simulation. For rehearsal oriented testing, we set operators for modifying scenarios, which is described using finite state machine model. We also design interaction protocol between a user and an agent to smoothly get information through the user-agent dialog for modifying operators. Under this protocol, an agent informs a user about what kind of information is required.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Guyot, P., Drogoul, A., Lemaitre, C.: Using emergence in participatory simulations to design multi-agent systems. In: Proceedings of The Fourth International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS) (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Murakami, Y., Sugimoto, Y., Ishida, T.: Modeling human behavior for virtual training systems. In: The Twentieth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2005) (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Nakanishi, H., Ishida, T.: FreeWalk/Q: Social interaction platform in virtual space. In: ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST 2004), pp. 97–104 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Ishida, T., Yamane, S.: Introduction to scenario description language Q. In: International Conference on Informatics Research for Development of Knowledge Society Infrastructure (ICKS 2007). IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Nwana, H.S., Ndumu, D.T., Lee, L.C., Collis, J.C.: ZEUS: a toolkit and approach for building distributed multi-agent systems. In: Etzioni, O., Müller, J.P., Bradshaw, J.M. (eds.) Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Autonomous Agents (Agents 1999), pp. 360–361 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Ndumu, D.T., Nwana, H.S., Lee, L.C., Collis, J.C.: Visualising and debugging distributed multi-agent systems. In: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Autonomous Agents (Agents 1999), pp. 326–333 (1999)Google Scholar