A Maximum Power Point Tracking Method Based on Extension Neural Network for PV Systems
In this paper, a maximum power point tracking (MPPT) technique based on extension neural network (ENN) was proposed to make full utilization of photovoltaic (PV) array output power which depends on solar insolation and ambient temperature. The proposed ENN MPPT algorithm can automatically adjust the step size to track the PV array maximum power point (MPP). Compared with the conventional fixed step size perturbation and observation (P&O) and incremental conductance (INC) methods, the presented method is able to effectively improve the dynamic response and steady state performance of the PV systems simultaneously. A theoretical analysis and the designed principle of the proposed method are described in detail. And some simulation results are made to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed MPPT method.
KeywordsMaximum power point tracking (MPPT) Perturbation and observation (P&O) method Incremental conductance (INC) method Photovoltaic (PV) system Extension neural network (ENN)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Wang, M.H., Hung, C.P.: Extension Neural Network. In: Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Network, pp. 399–403 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Cai, W.: The Extension Set and Incompatibility Problem. Journal of Scientific Exploration 1, 81–93 (1983)Google Scholar
- 9.Hart, D.W.: Introduction to Power Electronics. Prentice Hall, New Jersey (1997)Google Scholar
- 10.SIEMENS Solar Module SP75 Specifications, http://www.abcsolar.com/pdf/sp75.pdf
- 11.PSIM User’s Guide, Powersim Inc. (2001-2003)Google Scholar