Extreme Reformulated Radial Basis Function Neural Networks
Gradient descent based learning algorithms are generally very slow due to improper learning steps or may easily converge to local minima. And many iterative learning steps may be required by such learning algorithms in order to obtain better learning performance. This paper proposes a new learning algorithm for R-RBFNs which randomly chooses hidden nodes and analytically determines the output weights of R-RBFNs. The experimental results based on a few benchmark problems has shown that the proposed algorithm tends to provide better generalization performance at extremely fast learning speed.
KeywordsReformulated radial basis function neural network Gradient descent based learning algorithm Admissible radial basis function Generator function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Huang, G.B., Zhu, Q.Y., Siew, C.K.: Extreme Learning Machine: Theory and Applications. Neur. Comput. 70, 489–501 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Huang, G.B., Liang, N.Y., Rong, H.J., Saratchandran, P., Sundararajan, N.: On-Line Sequential Extreme Learning Machine. In: Proc. IASTED International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Calgary, Canada (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Huang, G.B., Zhu, Q.Y., Siew, C.K.: Extreme Learning Machine: Theory and Applications. Neur. Computing 70, 489–501 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Huang, G.B., Zhu, Q.Y., Siew, C.K.: Extreme Learning Machine: A New Learning Scheme of Feedforward Neural Networks. In: Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 985–990. IEEE Press, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Huang, G.B., Siew, C.K.: Extreme Learning Machine with Randomly Assigned RBF Kernels. Inter. J. Inform. Tech. 11, 16–24 (2005)Google Scholar