Evaluation of Similarity Measures for Ontology Mapping
This paper presents an analysis of similarity measures for identifying ontology mapping. Using discriminant analysis, we investigated forty-eight similarity measures such as string matching and knowledge based similarities that have been used in previous systems. As a result, we extracted twenty-two effective similarity measures for identifying ontology mapping out of forty-eight possible similarity measures. The extracted measures vary widely in the type in similarity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ichise, R.: Machine learning approach for ontology mapping using multiple concept similarity measures. In: Proceedings of the 7th IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science, pp. 340–346 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Melnik, S., Garcia-Molina, H., Rahm, E.: Similarity flooding: A versatile graph matching algorithm and its application to schema matching. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Data Engineering, San Jose, CA, pp. 117–128 (February 2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Aumueller, D., Do, H.H., Massmann, S., Rahm, E.: Schema and ontology matching with COMA++. In: Özcan, F. (ed.) Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, pp. 906–908. ACM, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, Z., Palmer, M.: Verb semantics and lexical selection. In: Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New, Mexico, pp. 133–138 (1994)Google Scholar
- 8.Lin, D.: An information-theoretic definition of similarity. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 296–304. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Ichise, R., Takeda, H., Honiden, S.: Integrating multiple internet directories by instance-based learning. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 22–28 (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Pedersen, T., Patwardhan, S., Michelizzi, J.: Wordnet: similarity - measuring the relatedness of concepts. In: Proceedings of the 19th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1024–1025 (2004)Google Scholar