CADS*: Computer-Aided Development of Self-* Systems
We present the prototype tool CADS* for the computer-aided development of an important class of self-* systems, namely systems whose components can be modelled as Markov chains. Given a Markov chain representation of the IT components to be included into a self-* system, CADS* automates or aids (a) the development of the artifacts necessary to build the self-* system; and (b) their integration into a fully-operational self-* solution. This is achieved through a combination of formal software development techniques including model transformation, model-driven code generation and dynamic software reconfiguration.
- 1.Calinescu, R.: Implementation of a generic autonomic framework. In: Proc. 4th Intl. Conf. Autonomic and Autonomous Systems, pp. 124–129 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Calinescu, R.: General-purpose autonomic computing. In: Denko, M., et al. (eds.) Autonomic Computing and Networking. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Calinescu, R., Kwiatkowska, M.: Software engineering techniques for the development of systems. In: Proc. 15th Monterey Workshop on Foundations of Computer Software, pp. 86–93 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Microsoft Corporation. Xml schema definition tool (xsd.exe) (2007), http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0sVS.80.aspx
- 8.Parashar, M., Hariri, S.: Autonomic Computing: Concepts, Infrastructure & Applications. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.PRISM Case Studies, http://www.prismmodelchecker.org/casestudies