A New Lattice Construction for Partial Key Exposure Attack for RSA
In this paper we present a new lattice construction for a lattice based partial key exposure attack for the RSA cryptography. We consider the situation that the RSA secret key d is small and a sufficient amount of the LSBs (least significant bits) of d are known by the attacker. We show that our lattice construction is theoretically more efficient than known attacks proposed in [2,7].
KeywordsRSA cryptanalysis partial key exposure attack lattice basis reduction the Coppersmith technique
- 1.Aono, Y.: Degree reduction of the lattice based attack for RSA. In: COMP2007-5, vol.107, no. 24(20070419), pp. 33–40 (2007) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.Healy, A.D.: Resultants, Resolvents and the Computation of Galois Groups, http://www.alexhealy.net/papers/math250a.pdf
- 9.Howgrave-Graham, N.: Finding small roots of univariate modular equations revisited. In: Darnell, M.J. (ed.) Cryptography and Coding 1997. LNCS, vol. 1355, pp. 131–142. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 12.Shoup, V.: NTL: A Library for doing Number Theory, http://www.shoup.net/ntl/index.html
- 14.Nguyen, P., Stehlé, D.: Floating-Point LLL (Full version), ftp://ftp.di.ens.fr/pub/users/pnguyen/FullL2.pdf