Model-Checking Strategic Ability and Knowledge of the Past of Communicating Coalitions
- 305 Downloads
We propose a variant of alternating time temporal logic ( Open image in new window ) with imperfect information, perfect recall, epistemic modalities for the past and strategies which are required to be uniform with respect to distributed knowledge. The model-checking problem about Open image in new window with perfect recall and imperfect information is believed to be unsolvable, whereas in our setting it is solvable because of the uniformity of strategies. We propose a model-checking algorithm for that system, which exploits the interaction between the cooperation modalities and the epistemic modality for the past. This interaction allows every expressible goal ϕ to be treated as the epistemic goal of (eventually) establishing that ϕ holds and thus enables the handling of the cooperation modalities in a streamlined way.
KeywordsModel Check Temporal Logic Imperfect Information Epistemic Modality Perfect Recall
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AHK97]Alur, R., Henzinger, T., Kupferman, O.: Alternating-time Temporal Logic. In: Proceedings of the 38th IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 100–109 (1997)Google Scholar
- [FvdMR05]French, T., van der Meyden, R., Reynolds, M.: Axioms for Logics of Knowledge and Past Time: Synchrony and Unique Initial States. In: Advances in Modal Logic, vol. 5, pp. 53–72. King’s College Publications (2005)Google Scholar
- [JvdH06]Jamroga, W., van der Hoek, W.: Strategic Ability under Uncertainty. Technical Report 6, Institute of Computer Science, Clausthal University of Technology (2006)Google Scholar
- [SG02]Shilov, N.V., Garanina, N.O.: Model-checking Knowledge and Fixpoints. In: Preliminary Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Fixpoints in Computer Science (FICS 2002), number NS-02-2 in BRICS Notes Series, pp. 25–39. BRICS (July 2002) (Also available as Preprint 1998, Ershov, A.P., Institute of Informatics Systems, Russian Academy of Sciences (Siberian Division))Google Scholar
- [vOJ05]van Otterloo, S., Jonker, G.: On Epistemic Temporal Strategic Logic. In: Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Logic and Communication in Multi-Agent Systems (2004). ENTCS, vol. 126, pp. 77–92. Elsevier, Amsterdam (2005)Google Scholar