Dynamic Contour Detection of Heart Chambers in Ultrasound Images for Cardiac Diagnostics
The contour detection of moving left ventricle is very useful in cardiac diagnosis. The subject of this paper is to introduce the contour detection method for moving objects in the unclear biomedical images series. This method is mainly dedicated to be used for heart chamber contours in ultrasound images. In such images the heart chambers are visible much better if they are viewed in their movement. That is why for a good automatic contour detection the analysis of the whole series of images is needed. This method is suitable for the analysis of the heart ultrasound images. The contour detection method has been programmed and tested with the series of ultrasound images, with an example of finding the left ventricle contours. The presented method has been later modified to be even more effective. The last results seems to be quite interesting in some cases.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kulikowski, J.L., Przytulska, M., Wierzbicka, D.: Left Heart Ventricle Contractility Assessment Based on Kinetic Model. In: ESEM 1999, Barcelona, pp. 447–448 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Przytulska, M., Kulikowski, J.L.: Left Cardiac Ventricle’s Contractility Based on Spectral Analysis of Ultrasound Imaging. Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering 27(4), 17–28 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Hoser, P.: A Mathematical Model of the Left Ventricle Surface and a Program for Visualization and Analysis of Cardiac Ventricle Functioning. Task Quarterly 8(2), 249–257 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Feigenbaum, H.: Echocardiography, 5th edn. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Goetz, A.: Introduction to differential geometry of curve and surfaces. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1970)Google Scholar
- 6.Mlsna, P.A., Rodriguez, J.J.: Gradient and Laplacian-Type Edge Detection. In: Bovik, A. (ed.) Handbook of Image and Video Processing, San Diego. Academic Press Series in Communications, pp. 415–432 (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.Mclnerney, T., Trerzopoulos, D.: Topologically adaptable snakes. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. Computer Vision, ICCV 1995, pp. 840–845 (1995)Google Scholar