The Preliminary Study of the EGG and HR Examinations
Electrogastrographic examination (EGG) can be considered as a noninvasive method for an investigation of a stomach slow wave propagation  . The EGG signal is non-invasively captured by appropriately placed electrodes on the surface of the stomach. This paper presents the method for synchronously recording and analyzing both the EGG and the heart rate signal (HR). The HR signal is obtained by analyzing the electrocardiographic signal (ECG). The ECG signal is recorded by means of the same electrodes. This paper also presents the method of reconstruction the respiratory signal (RESPIRO). In this way it is possible to examine mutual interaction among ECG, HR and RESPIRO signal respectively. This paper also depicts the preliminary results of a comparison of the EGG and the RESPIRO signals obtained using two different methods, firstly by classical pass-band filtering, secondary by estimation of the baseline drift.
KeywordsRespiratory Signal Acceleration Sensor Heart Rate Variability Analysis Heart Rate Signal Gastric Myoelectrical Activity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Tomczyk, A., Jonderko, J.: Multichannel electrogastrography as a non-invasive tool for evaluation of the gastric myoelectrical activity – a study on reproducibility of electrogastrographic parameters before and after a meal stimulation. Ann. Acad. Med. Siles. 61, 5 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Medtronic, A.S.: Polygram NetTM Reference Manual. Skovlunde, Denmark (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Task Force of The European Society of Cardiology and The North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology, Heart rate variability Standards of measurement, physiological interpretation, and clinical use. European Heart Journal 17, 354–381 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Tkacz, E.: The new possibilities of diagnostic analysis the heart rate variability (HRV). Warsaw (1996) ISSN 0239-7455Google Scholar
- 8.MMA7260QT, Technical Data, ś1.5g-6g,Three Axis Low-g Micromachined Accelerometer. Rev. 5 (2008), http://www.freescale.com/support