Strategies of Software Adaptation in Home Care Systems
In this paper the control theory approach to the auto-adaptive telemedical ECG-based surveillance system is presented. The control is implemented as dynamic linking of alternative procedures and aims at optimization of diagnostic result quality. It faces several limitations in a discrete, nonlinear environment, where results cannot be reliably predicted. The paper presents also tests of the prototype implementation showing the feasibility of the idea as well as reasonable data convergence (80.7 %) and response time (17.1 s).
KeywordsDiagnostic Parameter Adaptation Manager Right Bundle Branch Block Relevance Ranking Telemedical System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Augustyniak, P.: How a Human Ranks the ECG Diagnostic Parameters: The Pursuit of Experts Preferences Based on a Hidden Poll. Proc. Computers in Cardiology 35, 449–452 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Augustyniak, P.: Modeling the adaptive telemedical system with continuous data-dependent quality control. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies 17(2A), 29–32 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Chiarugi, F., et al.: Real-time Cardiac Monitoring over a Regional Health Network: Preliminary Results from Initial Field Testing. Computers in Cardiology 29, 347–350 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Gouaux, F., et al.: Ambient Intelligence and Pervasive Systems for the Monitoring of Citizens at Cardiac Risk: New Solutions from the EPI-MEDICS Project. Computers in Cardiology 29, 289–292 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.IEC, 60601-2-51. Medical electrical equipment: Particular requirements for the safety, including essential performance, of ambulatory electrocardiographic systems. First edition 2003-02, International Electrotechnical Commission, Geneva (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.(2007), http://www.toradex.com/e/Factsheet_Colibri_Intel_Marvell_XScale_PXA_Computer_Modules.php (visited on March 31, 2008)