Enhanced Density Based Algorithm for Clustering Large Datasets
Clustering is one of the data mining techniques that extracts knowledge from spatial datasets. DBSCAN algorithm was considered as well-founded algorithm as it discovers clusters in different shapes and handles noise effectively. There are several algorithms that improve DBSCAN as fast hybrid density algorithm (L-DBSCAN) and fast density-based clustering algorithm. In this paper, an enhanced algorithm is proposed that improves fast density-based clustering algorithm in the ability to discover clusters with different densities and clustering large datasets.
KeywordsDistance Threshold Cluster Scheme Cluster Validity Dist Graph Region Query
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Halkidi, M., Vazirgiannis, M.: Clustering validity assessment using multi-representatives. Poster paper in the Proceedings of 2nd Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Thessaloniki, Greece (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Ester, M., Kriegel, H.-P., Sander, J., Xu, X.: A density-based algorithm for discovering clusters in large spatial databases with noise. In: Proceedings of the International Conference of KDD 1996 on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Portland, Oregon, USA (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, B.: A fast density-based clustering algorithm for large databases. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Dalian (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Viswanath, P., Pinkesh, R.: l-DBSCAN: A fast hybrid density based clustering method. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Hong Kong (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.El-Sonbaty, Y., Ismail, M.A., Farouk, M.: An efficient density based clustering algorithm for large databases. In: Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, FL, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Lind, D.A., Mason, R.D., Marchal, W.G.: Basic statistics for business and economics. McGraw-Hill Publishers, New York (2000)Google Scholar