A Comparison Framework for Spectrogram Track Detection Algorithms
In this paper we present a method which will facilitate the comparison of results obtained using algorithms proposed for the problem of detecting tracks in spectrograms. There is no standard test database which is carefully tailored to test different aspects of an algorithm. This naturally hinders the ability to perform comparisons between a developing algorithm and those which exist in the literature. The method presented in this paper will allow a developer to present, in a graphical way, information regarding the data on which they test their algorithm while not disclosing proprietary information.
KeywordsGround Truth Data Distribution Plot Sonar System Comparison Framework Formant Tracking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Paris, S., Jauffret, C.: A new tracker for multiple frequency line. In: Proc. of the IEEE Conference for Aerospace, vol. 4, pp. 1771–1782. IEEE, Los Alamitos (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Lampert, T.A., O’Keefe, S.E.M.: Active contour detection of linear patterns in spectrogram images. In: Proc. of the 19th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2008), Tampa, Florida, USA, pp. 1–4 (December 2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Abel, J.S., Lee, H.J., Lowell, A.P.: An image processing approach to frequency tracking. In: Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, March 1992, vol. 2, pp. 561–564 (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Mellinger, D.K., Nieukirk, S.L., Matsumoto, H., Heimlich, S.L., Dziak, R.P., Haxel, J., Fowler, M., Meinig, C., Miller, H.V.: Seasonal occurrence of north atlantic right whale (Eubalaena glacialis) vocalizations at two sites on the scotian shelf. Marine Mammal Science 23, 856–867 (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Chen, C.H., Lee, J.D., Lin, M.C.: Classification of underwater signals using neural networks. Tamkang J. of Science and Engineering 3(1), 31–48 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Ghosh, J., Turner, K., Beck, S., Deuser, L.: Integration of neural classifiers for passive sonar signals. Control and Dynamic Systems - Advances in Theory and Applications 77, 301–338 (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Howell, B.P., Wood, S., Koksal, S.: Passive sonar recognition and analysis using hybrid neural networks. In: Proc. of OCEANS 2003, September 2003, vol. 4, pp. 1917–1924 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Shi, Y., Chang, E.: Spectrogram-based formant tracking via particle filters. In: Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, April 2003, vol. 1, pp. I–168–I–171 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing, 3rd edn. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River (2006)Google Scholar