Integrated Expression-Invariant Face Recognition with Constrained Optical Flow
Face recognition is one of the most intensively studied topics in computer vision and pattern recognition. A constrained optical flow algorithm, which combines the advantages of the unambiguous correspondence of feature point labeling and the flexible representation of optical flow computation, has been proposed in our pervious work for face recognition from expressional face images. In this paper, we propose an integrated face recognition system that is robust against facial expressions by combining information from the computed intra-person optical flow and the synthesized face image in a probabilistic framework. Our experimental results show that the proposed system improves the accuracy of face recognition from expressional face images.
KeywordsFace recognition expression recognition constrained optical flow expression normalization
- 1.Li, X., Mori, G., Zhang, H.: Expression-invariant face recognition with expression classification. In: Proc. 3rd Canadian Conf. on Computer and Robot Vision (June 2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Martinez, A.M.: Recognizing expression variant faces from a single sample image per class. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. Computer Vision Pattern Recognition (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Hsieh, C.-K., Lai, S.-H., Chen, Y.-C.: Expressional face image analysis with constrained optical flow. In: Proc. of ICME, Hannover, Germany, June 23-26 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Teng, C.-H., Lai, S.-H., Chen, Y.-S., Hsu, W.-H.: Accurate optical flow computation under non-uniform brightness variations. In: Computer Vision and Image Understanding, vol. 97, pp. 315–346 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Yin, L., Wei, X., Sun, Y., Wang, J., Rosato, M.J.: A 3D facial expression database for facial behavior research. In: Proc. Intern. Conf. on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, pp. 211–216 (April 2006)Google Scholar