An Engineering Framework and Service Portal for the Integration of Cooperative Engineering Processes
This paper presents an engineering framework and engineering service portal to support complex engineering design problems that consist of cooperative engineering processes. It aims at providing an integrated design environment to support the integration of personnel, design activities and engineering resources. The engineering framework automates and integrates various engineering processes that require huge amounts of information processing and problem solving, using the agent technology and a software wrapping method. The web-based engineering service portal provides a user interface for the engineering framework, and shares the results between engineers participating in the engineering design problems. To validate its usefulness, several industrial applications were applied to the framework. A performance analysis and shape modeling process of pump design is chosen as a case study.
KeywordsEngineering Framework Engineering Portal Multi-Agent Process Integration Process Automation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ModelCenter, http://www.phoenix-int.com
- 2.iSIGHT, http://www.engineous.com
- 3.PIAnO, http://www.iframax.com
- 4.VisualDOC, http://www.vrand.com
- 5.Toye, G., Cutkosky, M.R., Leifer, L.J., Tenenbaum, J.M., Clicksman, J.: Share: A Methodology and Environment for Collaborative Product Development. In: Proc. of Second Workshop on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises, pp. 33–47 (1993)Google Scholar
- 7.MSC SimManager, http://www.mscsoftware.com
- 8.OneSpace.net, http://www.cocreate.com
- 11.Bellifemine, F., Poggi, A., Rimassa, G.: JADE a FIPA2000 compliant agent development environment. In: Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Autonomous Agents, pp. 216–217 (2001)Google Scholar