Web-Based Monitoring and Visualization of Self-Organizing Process Control Agents
This work addresses the problem of visualizing interactions between agents self-organizing in a non-codified way. This kind of behavior emerges from a human factor, which is heavily involved in the presented case of multiagent system. Tasks and intentions of users present in the system are unknown and the proposed method of analyzing and debugging temporary structures emerging in the system is the eavesdropping of the communication between the actors. A separate software service is proposed, which makes the inferred structure data accessible by an external higher scale system. An example of visualization is provided in the form of SVG-based interactive dynamic block diagram.
KeywordsSelf-organizing multiagent system industrial process control visualization human factor producer-distributor-consumer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Jin, J., Maheswaran, R.T., Sanchez, R., Szekely, P.: VizScript: Visualizing complex interactions in multi-agent systems. Technical report, AAAI Spring Symposium, pp. 64–65 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Oberheide, J., Karir, M., Blazakis, D.: VAST: Visualizing autonomous system topology. In: Proceedings of the 3rd international workshop on Visualization for computer security, pp. 71–80. ACM, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Hlavacs, H., Kotsis, G.: Modeling user behavior: a layered approach. In: 7th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, pp. 218–225. IEEE Press, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.McPherson, J., Ma, K.-L., Krystosk, P., Bartoletti, T., Christensen, M.: PortVis: A tool for port-based detection of security events. In: Proceedings of the 2004 ACM Workshop on Visualization and Data Mining for Computer Security, pp. 73–81. ACM, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 19.Golovchinsky, G., Kamps, T., Reichenberger, K.: Subverting Structure: Data-driven Diagram Generation. In: Proceedings of the 6th IEEE Visualization Conference, pp. 217–223. IEEE Computer Society Press, Washington (1995)Google Scholar